Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How long will it take for a building society to transfer my holding to my bank account?

How long will it take for a building society to transfer my holding to my bank account?
I have instructed a building society by post to tranfer money from my account with them into my bank account.How many days will it be before that money will be accessible in order use with my bank.Thanks,have payments waiting,reason for the urgency.
Renting & Real Estate - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Allow up to 3 days for the letter to get to your building society (depends on what service you paid for); 2 days for your building society to initiate the transfer, then up to 5 days for the transfer. As such, you're potentially looking at 10 days. If you've paid for Special Delivery, the building society processes your letter the same day as receipt and subscribes to the Faster Payments services, it potentially would be 2 days at best.