Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How long does it take to transfer money from one bank account to another using online banking?

How long does it take to transfer money from one bank account to another using online banking?
My friend has a bank account with HSBC and needs to transfer some money over to my Natwest bank account. How long would it take to clear? I think they're doing it tomorrow via online banking system, would I get the money by the weekend do you think? I have done bank transfers before between 2 Natwest accounts and the monies showed up more or less straight away. I was just wondering if it were different when it's from one bank to another named bank? Thanks
Personal Finance - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
like 3 days( Business)
Answer 2 :
My experience when doing external transfers from one bank to another bank online is that it took about 3 business days for everything to clear. I would hope it would be faster than that when you are dealing with an online only bank such as HSBC, but its hard to say
Answer 3 :
Tell him to ask HSBC to send it as a FASTER PAYMENT and it will credit your NatWest account the same day... http://www.natwest.com/microsites/personal/faster_payments_service/faster_payments_faq.asp

Read more other entries :