Friday, March 14, 2014

How do I get back my money from an accountant?

How do I get back my money from an accountant?
I have left some shares with an account over tens years ago. I started to ask him to give it back to me. He ignored me. I felt that he had sold all my shares and keep the money himself. I am old and without money to get a lawyer. What shall I do to get back my money? Would any one please advice me what to do.
United Kingdom - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Find out which association(s) he belongs to. Email his association and complain, cc to him. He should in normal circumtances reponse to your request asap.
Answer 2 :
First of all if he is a qualified accountant it is highly unlikely that he would sell the shares and keep the money. He would lose his livelihood if he did. But these things do happen. What you need to do is send him a letter before action by recorded delivery. This needs to state clearly the facts as you believe them, and the action you require, in this case acknowledge of your letter and his reply. You need to give him 14 days to acknowledge your letter, he may request further time to reply more fully. It also needs to say what you will do if there is no response, ie lawyers or police. Further initial advice would be available from some lawyers free, or from your nearest citizens advice bureau. Best wishes. Kenneth
Answer 3 :
What do you mean, you left some shares with an accountant? Did you transfer the shares to him? Why? If you didn't transfer them to him they're still yours. Were they registered in your name? Who received the dividends(if any)?

Read more other entries :