Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How do I register Gmail account without giving a phone number?

How do I register Gmail account without giving a phone number?
I want to sign up to Youtube but it won't it let me unless I sign with Google first. When I try to sign up for Google, it says that I need to give them my phone numbers to receive a code. Surely I can register on Youtube without having to give themmy phone number?!
Google - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
www.gmail.com try signing up there... if it has a phone number field it might be optional but if its mandatory you can put a friends number or something to receive the code I never had to enter a phone number when i signed up
Answer 2 :
They closed my gmail account and won't let me have access to it until I give them my phone number. They can kiss my ass. I won't be taken hostage over my personal information when 1) they can shut off my account whenever they like and 2) they are only going to use for advertising.

Read more other entries :