Sunday, July 1, 2012

What qualifications are needed to become an AAT trainee accountant?

What qualifications are needed to become an AAT trainee accountant?
A friend of mine who's an accountant has told me to look on the AAT website to see if I have the right qualifications but I cant find the page with the information. Can someone give me the URL or just tell me what qualifications I need? Cheers.
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I don't think there is a set entry - I've done the first year and I was never asked! I got a job at an Accountants with the training included at college, no one ever asked me what O Levels I had in relation to starting training. You may need to check with your local college that is offering the course they might set entry requirements.
Answer 2 :
There are no minimum requirements to enter in at the first level. You only need minimum requirements if you are looking to get exemptions from some exams (prior relevant work experience or another accounting course).
Answer 3 :
The AAT website at http://www.aat.org.uk/join/display/store4/item51830/ says: What qualifications will I need? There are no formal qualification requirements to do the AAT Accounting Qualification but you will need a reasonable level of numeracy and to be able to complete assessments in English. Above all, your personal qualities are crucial - you will need to be hard-working and committed to proving yourself over a period of time. You are never too old to start your AAT training, and it can greatly improve your options if you want to change career or are returning to work after a break. The course is open to all. What level should I start at? If you already work or have worked in finance/accounting, you might not want to start at the Foundation/Certificate level of our accounting qualification. Your chosen centre could help you decide on the appropriate level for you, and our skillcheck http://www.aatskillcheck.org/ could help you decide

Read more other entries :