Friday, September 7, 2012

How much does a good accountant cost per month?

How much does a good accountant cost per month?
We have a small retail business and employ just two people. I am becoming concerned about the cost of our accountant (which is a local firm) which costs around £800 per quarter for bookkeeping, PAYE, VAT etc. Is this too much...?
Other - Business & Finance - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
About £100 per hour so £800 per quarter is about right even cheap i would say.
Answer 2 :
I did the books myself and gave them to my Accountant at the year end. It was easy. I did employ them for my quarterly VAT returns. I also paid a local payroll company to do the wages for my 6 staff, that cost me £20 a month. You need to shop around.

Read more other entries :