Saturday, August 7, 2010

How would you get a job abroad?

How would you get a job abroad?
I want to go abroad and do some permanent/ temporary work in finance - places like UAE and Australia. How do i go about doing this? - i mean where do i look for these kinda jobs I understand recruitment agencies are really good - but which ones for working abroad? I have a degree in accounting and finance, and money would be no problem as i have thousands saved.
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
..............
Answer 2 :
i would go to that country,s website, and if that doesnt work ,try a city there..like dubai.com and go from there
Answer 3 :
I'm also interested in doing this also because I've travelled and lived overseas and I've gotten used to being there. I find that it's better than being in the states, even though you do miss the occasional Walmart and Applebees. My advice to you would be to look and apply for companies that have offices and branches overseas which you can do from where you're currently at. Another would be to do some travelling to where you would like to work like Italy for example and see what jobs are offered over there and ask around, regarding how you can apply for those jobs as an American citizen. If you search for a job as a contactor, that will increase your chances of working abroad because of the large need for them out there which includes Iraq, etc.. Do as much networking as possible and make your intentions known, especially with your friends, acquaintances, and relatives. I'm sure that those job websites such as Hotjobs.com and Monster.com also have international jobs listed. I know that JobMonkey.com has some which I might just go see for myself. Good luck!
Answer 4 :
Try the prospects website: Australia: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Explore_working_and_studying_abroad/Country_specific_information/Australia/job_market/p!elkegb UAE: http://guide.theemiratesnetwork.com/living/employment.php Michael Page are a good recruitment agency that recruit globally. Also try efinancial careers

Read more other entries :