Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How old do I have to be to open a bank account in the UK?

How old do I have to be to open a bank account in the UK?
I'm 15, 16 the start of next year, just wondering if I would be able to open a bank account without parental consent? I have bank accounts already which my parents know about but I have money at home which I would like to put in my own account, away from my parents if possible. Just so I know if anything happens, I do have my own money. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Personal Finance - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Well, you can only open a bank account that invovles having a debit card when your over 13 *with* parental consent, but you can open an account that alows you to just deposit and withdraw funds at 11 years old and you dont need your parents consent, but you do if you want to withdraw/deposit over £50 in one transaction.

Read more other entries :