Saturday, May 14, 2011

How can I permanently delete my account on Facebook?

How can I permanently delete my account on Facebook?
I've tried on Settings but I managed to suspend it permanently and it said it'll be re-activated any time I log in. I want to delete my account for ever though.
Facebook - 4 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I managed to do it once and it said it will be permantly deleted if you dont log in in 14 days after you deactivate but i tried since again with a different account and i cant find how to do it. I think you should just delete everything on there...all pictures, groups, friends and then de-activate it
Answer 2 :
Go to account.and at the bottom it should say deactive my account
Answer 3 :
There has been a lot of anger over Facebook's decision to not enable its users to delete their accounts as it has prevented people from getting jobs due to photos of themselves at uni etc. Sadly, you cannot delete your account but just do what you have found - to go to the settings tab and deactivate your account. Your profile won't be visible to people once you have deactivated it. Hope that helps in some way
Answer 4 :
You can't delete it i'm afraid. You can deactivate so that no one can view it, search for you etc but it's never permanently deleted. Once you sign up to facebook (in the terms and conditions) it states that all and any information you give to facebook becomes there property. So basically every time you add a photo or comment on something it then belongs to facebook and they can legally use it however they choose to. You are basically giving them permission to keep everything you do on facebook for as long as they like, including photos, email addresses, phone number etc.

Read more other entries :