Saturday, May 28, 2011

How Can I Locate Old Email Account Now I have Switched Broadband Supplier?

How Can I Locate Old Email Account Now I have Switched Broadband Supplier?
I have recently gone from a freeserve broadband account with a freeserve e-mail address to a sky account, however I can't seem to be able to get access to my old e-mail account at all, does anyone have a clue how I might be able to do this? Surely the mail account didn't go with the broadband provider? Thanks!
Other - Computers - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
You didn't mention if you were using Outlook Express for your email. It only works on the domain the email is on. If the email was with a broadband server then it goes with the provider. But you might be able to access it unless they deleted it. They usually keep it up at least a month after you cancel. Most sites have a web based email system. Go to their website, example www.freemail.com, (or whatever site you had) and look for an email button. Click it and enter your email and password. You should be able to get on it. Many site even offer email forwarding.
Answer 2 :
Most ISPs offer email accounts when you take their broadband and most will remove the email account when you change ISP. BT is an exception to this. I have UK Online as my ISP but I don't use the offered email accounts as I know they will stop as soon as I move provider. So I pay a small annual fee to have my own email address that is accessible from any ISP that I move to. (And a Yahoo account that is for junk, when something needs an email address but I don't want them to clutter up my proper account.) Arthur is right in that, if your email account is still active with freeserve then you can access it from their home page.

Read more other entries :