Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I am taking over an Accountancy practice, but I am not a Chartered Accountant - Is this a problem?

I am taking over an Accountancy practice, but I am not a Chartered Accountant - Is this a problem?
I am taking over an Accountancy practice, but I am not a Chartered Accountant. I will provide services to Sole traders, Partnerships and small Limited Companies. I have experience working in the accountancy industry and have every confidence that I can provide a reliable service to my clients. Is there anything wrong with running my own practice without a formal Accounting qualification?
Small Business - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
ummm yes ..... if your not a qualified accountant with any form of certifications then your not allowed to pretend to be one
Answer 2 :
Actually, the term Accountant can be used by absolutely anyone! What you can't call yourself is 'Chartered or Certified' etc. If you feel you are able to cover the workload then there is nothing stopping you taking over the practice - just make sure that you do not make any false claims in your advertising, literature etc. So, remove any mention of Accounting Bodies (like ICAEW or ACCA) etc and make sure you do not mislead any clients. You will need to look into getting yourself Professional Indemnity insurance etc.

Read more other entries :