Saturday, December 7, 2013

How can you train to be an accountant while holding down a full time job?

How can you train to be an accountant while holding down a full time job?
I don't have any qualifications in this field so it would be starting from scratch.
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Do what the rest of us do and join night school training or on-line training at home.
Answer 2 :
Its hard work but I did it. I left school with nothing and then at 20 thought what a waste. I was just an assistant in an accouting office of a manufacturing firm & really fancied the job of the manager as it looked so interesting. So I applied to go to college to the AAt (Association of Accounting Technicians), this took 3 years, then I did the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) which took another 3 years, I did it all at night classes, which was generally 3 hrs, 2 nights a week. It was worth as now I can earn lots more money and there are lots of opportunity.
Answer 3 :
Unless you work for an accountancy firm or in an accounting department, you can't. The AAT and ACCA (and other accountancy qualifications) are vocational training courses that require on-the-job training. If you have a degree (in any subject) you can apply for trainee accountant positions. Without a degree you'd have to start looking for Trainee Accounting Technician vacancies, or simply look for admin positions in an accountancy firm (as the answerer above did).

Read more other entries :